Sam Stewart is recruiting for a Chemical Process Operator to join a leading speciality chemical manufacturer based in Halifax. This is a temporary position with an initial contract duration of 6 months.
Your main responsibility in this Chemical Process Operator role will be to operate all plants and equipment in a safe, environmentally compliant and effective manner, as part of a team to meet production schedules and targets. Please note that applicants without experience gained in a COMAH and chemical plant environment will not be considered. Fork lift truck license is also required.
Further responsibilities of this Chemical Process Operator position will be:
- To operate all plant and equipment in a safe, environmentally compliant and efficient manner so as to maximise the sites potential profitability while complying with internal rules and policies and external regulations.
- To follow defined process instructions and quality procedures.
- To manage the receipt/unloading of bulk raw materials, loading/dispatch of bulk product and packing out and labelling of products as required.
- To maintain a good standard of housekeeping of the plant and adjacent areas.
- To maintain good, accurate process records on time and in full.
- To carry out laboratory testing. Data entry onto and use of LIMS.
- To prepare the plant for maintenance work.
- To ensure that complete and accurate handover occurs between shifts.
- To take prompt and appropriate action in the event of an emergency.
- To take an active part in accident/incident investigations.
- To conduct safety, environmental, production and housekeeping checks and audits
- To submit maintenance requisitions and incident reports where necessary.
- To communicate effectively with line management, other departments and contractors to ensure the safe, environmentally compliant and efficient operation of the plant.
- To use SAP to ensure timely booking of batches and to monitor raw material, finished product and order status.
- To help in the implementation of company initiatives (i.e. WCM, OEE).
- To provide training as required.
- To use the Fork Lift Truck as required to meet the demands of the job.
- To assist Maintenance or Logistics/Production Support personnel as instructed by Team Leader/Line Management.
- Any other reasonable request
As a Chemical Process Operator you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Valid FLT licence
- COMAH site experience
- Experience working in a similar role
- Experience of working in a Chemical plant environment
- Awareness of handling hazardous chemicals
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH39465 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 30th June 2017
- Expires: 28th July 2017
- Reference: SH39465