Tenni Cole-Etti is currently recruiting for a Team Leader to join a global and diversified healthcare leader, who is heavily involved with discovering, developing and distributing therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. This position is available on a full time, permanent basis.
The successful candidate will lead the Secondary Operations team on a day to day basis establishing and actively promoting safe working and GMP/GDP compliance activities according to agreed company/legislative standards. They will lead and motivate the team to ensure all departmental targets & key performance indicators are either met or exceeded.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Ensure health & safety is of primary focus for all activities, equipment and environment, and that the departments activities comply with all EHS, quality, regulatory & financial standards
- Coach & develop labelling team to a high standard by setting of objectives and relevant PDP's
- Provide day to day supervision of assigned team and drive productivity in the area to reach set targets
- Identify barriers to reaching targets and work closely with Technical Team Lead to address issues
- Ensure that relevant business systems or supporting software packages are updated in a timely manner
- Act as the team representative in departmental and site-wide projects where relevant
- Drive the performance of the team and act as a mentor and source of authoritative guidance for others
- Interpret both internal and external business processes and design and initiate plans to meet the business needs
- Resolve complex problems where there may be no precedent or clear process to follow, escalate appropriately
- Work closely with other leaders within the department to ensure all areas of work are covered and training progammes are in place & followed
- Assist in maintaining relevant systems and databases
- Ensure the core requirements and subsequent training of all reports is current and reflects all of the duties undertaken and carry out monthly status reviews of all personnel
- Ensure the labelling area is audit ready at all times and take the lead in all audits and tours
- Anticipate future staffing requirements and training needs and propose plans accordingly in conjunction with Operations Manager; develop training matrices identifying key requirements and implement to the team measuring the effectiveness
- Attend and participate in weekly/monthly meetings as required, ensuring that the department is effectively represented and supportive of business requirements
- Lead the team by example, ensuring effective staffing to cover all areas and continue to build excellent working relationships with all internal & external customer groups
- Achieve, maintain & exceed the department and site KPI's with a view to continuous improvement
- Take responsibility for relevant activities associated with the labelling function, working towards best practise at all times
- Support the company and external audit processes and set the standards for compliance within the department
- Provide cover for the Technical Team Leader as required
- Undertake any other reasonable duties compatible with your experience and competencies. This description may be varied from time to time to reflect changing business requirements
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Has a good understanding of cGMP, Regulatory and legislative requirements
• Have a background in auditing or documentation review within a Quality Management system, ideally within a pharmaceutical environment
• Strong knowledge of GMP/GDP and EHS standards and practices
• Ability to motivate others, strong communicator & excellent listening skills
• Ability to multi task and manage multiple projects and responsibilities successfully
• Experience within the pharmaceutical industry would be an advantage
• Previous people leader/supervision an advantage
• BSc or equivalent is desirable
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a global pharmaceutical company based in Suffolk.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST39429 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Posted: 30th June 2017
- Expires: 28th July 2017
- Reference: ST39429