Sphere Fluidics Limited has developed unique products for use in single cell analysis and characterisation and provides collaborative R&D services in this area.
We have patented a novel technology platform (called Cyto-MineTM) that enable ultra-high throughput analysis of single cells and generation of their genetic, transcriptomic and proteomic profiles in miniaturised (pl to nl) volumes called picodroplets.
Uniquely, these systems enable the study of different, large biomolecules that interact with or are secreted by single cells. The latter application is very powerful as many human biotherapeutics, industrial enzymes (isolated mainly from micro-organisms) and around 15% of the Human Proteome are secreted, so cannot readily be analysed using conventional technology.
Sphere Fluidics' technology enables: study of the mechanism of cancer cell resistance to chemotherapy, generation of new enzymes and identification of novel microbial strains. Sphere Fluidics has established multiple commercial partnerships, received Venture Capital investment and together its Scientific Founders and the Company have received almost £10 million in research and business funding to date.
The Company has the following USPs:
- One of the very few teams in the world with expertise in single cell analysis and picodroplet technology.
- Leading-edge, patented technology and proprietary know-how enables analysis and detection of single cells and their biomolecules.
- Extensive management experience in successfully commercialising innovative science and engineering.
- Expertise in new science with key applications for biologics discovery.
- Our novel Cyto-MineTM process for single cell analysis and characterisation provides significant saving of time, resource and money compared to conventional workflows
The Jonas Webb Building
Babraham Research Campus
Phone: 01223 804200
Website: Sphere Fluidics Ltd