25 Ways to Make a Great First Impression at Interview
by CK Group
First impressions are everything. Fact.
You can only make a good first impression once, so what is the best way to do it?
In order to find out, CK Science conducted a poll via Linkedin asking professionals, "In your opinion, what is the best way to make a great first impression at interview?"
Following our poll, we have compiled a list of the best 25 ways to make a good first impression at interview:
1. Do your homework on the company.
3. Be genuine.
4. Speak slowly and clearly.
5. Be polite.
6. Be on time.
7. Know the name of your interviewer.
8. Review the job description.
9. Be attentive - retain eye contact and posture.
10. Don"t lie.
11. Greet the interviewer with a firm handshake.
12. Dress smartly.
13. Watch your body language.
14. Think twice before you open your mouth.
16. Avoid Simple "yes" or "no" answers.
17. Be comfortable with silence.
18. Wait to be shown where to sit.
19. Be positive.
20. Introduce yourself properly.
21. Be yourself.
22. Before the interview, check out the Linkedin profiles of the interviewer.
23. Bring some examples of previous work, e.g. PowerPoint presentations, reports etc.
24. Ask questions.
25. At the end of the interview, thank the interviewer for their time.
Find out more from CK Group