How to Get the Most Out of Your Scientific Recruitment Agency
Posted by Lorna Crombie at CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
There are a number of strategies that, as a candidate, CK Science suggests that you could adopt to help your cause:
- Email your consultant with a reminder of your requirements; try to be flexible with these as the consultant will immediately consider you for more scientific vacancies when they come in if you are.
- Initiate regular contact. If you are having trouble getting a consultant on the phone, email them or contact them through LinkedIn with a (very important this) polite reminder that you are still available.
- Update your CV regularly.
- Try to follow what science vacancies are posted on the agency"s own site and ask the relevant consultant to be considered for the ones that are of interest.
- Make yourself an asset by passing on interesting information (business or recruitment) as I am sure you appreciate the consultants are naturally more likely to work harder on your behalf if you have built up a relationship with them.
- It is a difficult position to be in when looking for a change of career, but all recruiters are trying to help, try to be patient with them and once again, stay in touch.
- From CK Science"s angle, we are constantly juggling new and existing candidates and aim to provide a consistently high level of service to all.
Find out more from CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
About CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
The CK Group provides a specialist recruitment service to a spectrum of scientific, clinical, engineering and technical disciplines ranging
The Bridge Business Centre
Phone: +44 (0)1246 457700
Need help with your CV? Get a free CV review