Dress to Impress at Your Scientific Job Interview
Posted by Lorna Crombie at CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
The way you dress says a lot about you − If you are well groomed and presented and take pride in your appearance, this indicates to your potential scientific employer that you will also take pride in your work.
Need a few pointers? Here are a few tips to help you dress for success at your scientific interview:
Tips for men:
- Wear a smart suit that is not easily wrinkled.
- Don"t wear a crazy tie − keep it professional and simple.
- Wear smart, polished shoes − no trainers please!
- Don"t go overboard on the aftershave.
- Make sure your hair is clean, neat and tidy.
- Avoid having piercings and tattoos on display
Tips of women:
- Don"t wear a short skirt- knee length or below is perfect.
- Wear a conservative suit.
- Choose sensible footwear − no platforms or stilettos!
- Wear underwear that matches your top half − wearing a black bra with a white blouse is not a good look!
- If you want to wear jewellery, keep it simple.
- Check those tights for ladders and holes.
- Avoid having piercings and tattoos on display.
Find out more from CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
About CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
The CK Group provides a specialist recruitment service to a spectrum of scientific, clinical, engineering and technical disciplines ranging
The Bridge Business Centre
Phone: +44 (0)1246 457700
Need help with your CV? Get a free CV review