The way you dress says a lot about you − If you are well groomed and presented and take pride in your appearance, this indicates to your potential scientific employer that you will also take pride in your work.
Need a few pointers? Here are a few tips to help you dress for success at your scientific interview:
Tips for men:
- Wear a smart suit that is not easily wrinkled.
- Don"t wear a crazy tie − keep it professional and simple.
- Wear smart, polished shoes − no trainers please!
- Don"t go overboard on the aftershave.
- Make sure your hair is clean, neat and tidy.
- Avoid having piercings and tattoos on display
Tips of women:
- Don"t wear a short skirt- knee length or below is perfect.
- Wear a conservative suit.
- Choose sensible footwear − no platforms or stilettos!
- Wear underwear that matches your top half − wearing a black bra with a white blouse is not a good look!
- If you want to wear jewellery, keep it simple.
- Check those tights for ladders and holes.
- Avoid having piercings and tattoos on display.