Interview Advice & Questions
Posted by Ricky Martin at Hyper Recruitment Solutions
One cannot be too prepared when it comes to an interview and some of our top words of advice can be seen below:
- Know the interview format before it takes place. Speak to your recruitment agency who can tell you what to expect, when to expect it and what the potential pitfalls may be.
- Dress smartly with a clean and crease free suit / dress, shirt and polished shoes. How you present yourself may be the way the interviewer will feel you will represent their business.
- Engage with the interviewer as soon as you arrive with obvious eye contact, a welcoming smile and a professional handshake. First impressions go a long way.
- Prepare questions to ask on the business, the job and the working environment. Showing an all round interest will help the client to feel your enthusiasm / commitment.
- If you do not fully understand a question, or you misheard it, do not be afraid to ask for the question again. The worse thing you can do is guess what was asked.
- Make sure you answer the question you are being asked and not what you think they want to know about you. By doing this it may raise concerns on your levels of communication or even to your expertise in the subject they were questioning.
Read more on this article with Typical Interview Questions
An interview is a two way process! Do remember that you are assessing the new potential business / colleagues as much as they are understanding your suitability. For that reason you should remain calm as you are as much in control as your interviewer.
Find out more from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
About Hyper Recruitment Solutions
Hyper Recruitment Solutions was founded by Ricky Martin in partnership with Lord Alan Sugar, is a niche and highly compliant recruitment consultancy dedicated to the Science and Technology sectors.
Phone: 0203 910 2903
Need help with your CV? Get a free CV review