25 Interview Mistakes
Posted by Lorna Crombie at CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
- Speaking negatively about a former employer.
- Showing up late.
- Showing up too early.
- Not having the appropriate interview appearance.
- No doing your homework about the company.
- Not knowing the role and position you have applied for.
- Revealing your need for job at the interview.
- Showing that you are desperate, or really worried about your financial or career situation.
- Embellishing your CV.
- Talking too much.
- Not enough/too much eye contact.
- Chewing gum.
- Folding your arms.
- Asking about holidays and sick pay policies.
- Talking about family problems.
- Not showing up for an interview and not calling to reschedule.
- Answering the phone or texting during an interview.
- Not being truthful about the role you have played in past projects.
- Inability to match your background with the demands of the job.
- Not answering the question that is asked.
- Not bringing a copy of your CV with you.
- Chatting up the female interviewer.
- Bringing your mother with you.
- Slouching in your chair.
- Smoking before your interview.
Found this advice helpful? Please see below for further job hunting resources from CK Clinical:
- 10 Ways to Banish Interview Nerves
- 15 Ways to Stay Motivated During Your Job Search
- 11 Ways to Make a Good First Impression on Your First Day
- 25 Interview Mistakes
- Clinical Research Job Interview Questions
- Competency-based Interview Tips
- Coping with Redundancy
- CV Writing Tips
- Data Management Interview Questions
- Dress to Impress at Your Interview
- How to Handle a Bad Interviewer
- How to Write a Cover Letter
- Interview Preparation
- Interview Tips
- Linkedin Profile Tips
- Online Job Hunting Mistakes
- Questions You Should Ask Your Interviewer
- Regulatory Affairs Interview Questions
- RSS Feeds and Job Hunting
- Social Media Job Hunting Tips
- Telephone Interview Tips
- The Best CV Buzzwords
- Using Recruitment Agencies
Find out more from CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
About CK Group (Science, Clinical, Engineers and IT Recruitment)
The CK Group provides a specialist recruitment service to a spectrum of scientific, clinical, engineering and technical disciplines ranging
The Bridge Business Centre
Phone: +44 (0)1246 457700
Need help with your CV? Get a free CV review